Grand Etan Rain Forest

Grand Etan Rain Forest

Men's National Team

Men's National Team
Men's 2010 National Volleyball Team

Monday, May 31, 2010

Sunday May 30,2010 Off


The picture is of Grand Anse Bay taken from a high point in St. George's.

Today was an off day. It was a beautiful day and a day I felt I could get caught up with things a bit. My day started with a swim in the sea. I typically go in the morning and am home by lunch time. Today I swam the farthest yet....I swam out to the 3rd buoy! It was a pretty amazing feeling and it is pretty intense (for me) to be out that far. My fears arise when I get past where the water is clear. Being a Jaws fan...it's hard to keep sharks out of my mind!!! Also, there is a bit of anxiety as I think "what if something goes wrong and I get a cramp, or suddenly realize I can't make it back in," there is no way anyone can help in time. It's about 250 yards out with small waves. That probably doesn't sound far, but when I first arrived here, I looked out there and thought "NO WAY!!"

When I returned home, I began preparing Mutton soup. I must say it was horrible! I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I used too much salt for one thing. And mutton is a very oily meet...maybe I should have boiled it in a separate pot and then transferred it to my broth....in any event, I was not happy with it!

After lunch, I cleaned and did laundry and began working on my Volleyball Report. I finished recapping my Itinerary for the IOC report, which was a significant accomplishment and something I wanted to get done. I'm a 'checklist' person and always feel good when I get things done according to schedule. Lists also makes me feel in control and less stressed as it gives me a plan for the day.

After finishing the report, I got to relax in the evening.

Monday begins my last week in Grenada. We will have national team trainings all week and possibly some secondary school visits. I may also have some visit-ending goodbye visits so I must prepare for full days every day.

I miss Joan and Lexi, Liza and Cole and am anxious to return home. It has been an adventurous, exciting, challenging, lonely 6 weeks without them and new adventures await.

Today I must get a portion of my report done, and also make a trip to the store for some minor groceries. Today we have men's national team practice and I'm not sure what else....Nanan is holding me in suspense!!

I met a very unique individual the other day with my favorite name ever.....Mango Dog!

Repect and Love.

1 comment: