Grand Etan Rain Forest

Grand Etan Rain Forest

Men's National Team

Men's National Team
Men's 2010 National Volleyball Team

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Friday May 28, 2010 GVA meeting and on the Lime

Today, we had the morning off and I had another opportunity to walk to the beach. The beach was beautiful and the water calm. It is the clearest water I have ever seen. So clear, that when standing in water up to my neck, I can look down and see the tan line from my sandals on my feet.

Nanan came over at 2pm to meet and discuss the Adidas order. We narrowed down the roster, determined sizes and styles, and today placed the order!! Now we wait and hope there are no issues and that delivery arrives on time.

At 4:30p, we arrived at the Ministry for a Grenadian Volleyball Association (GVA) meeting. No one else was there yet so we watched West Indies vs. South Africa cricket. West Indies lost and in many opinions, did not compete well. Most Grenadians seem frustrated with their West Indies cricket team and feel they are underperforming. I've concluded people are more likely to follow and talk about you if you are very good, or very bad. And if you're very bad, they won't be talking or following for long.

The meeting finally got started at about 5:20 when everyone arrived. There was a good turnout and the discussion focused on what the Association needed to do to help volleyball survive and thrive on the Island. The meeting concluded at 7:30pm.

Afterwards, Nanan and I went liming. We ended up at his brother's grill, eating barbeque and drinking a carib or two. We also walked up to a nearby 'dance' bar. His brother located his grill, and it is simply a grill on wheels with five gallon buckets of chicken to cook, at the bottom of the hill to get late night 'disco' traffic. The dance hall was smaller than I thought and they do not turn the lights on inside. There is only a light over the bar...the dance floor is dark. To me it was not a very enticing environment, but it allows privacy on the dance floor I'm told. Okay then.

I'm writing a bit slower this morning so please forgive. We have junior national team training from 9-12pm today...I pray for shade and a breeze!

Afterwards, we are eating crab soup and hopefully swimming at the beach or I will watch Nanan play cricket.

Respect and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment