Grand Etan Rain Forest

Grand Etan Rain Forest

Men's National Team

Men's National Team
Men's 2010 National Volleyball Team

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Monday 5-31-10 Report and Men's National Team


The picture today is of my buoys. The first bout seemed like miles away when I first arrived. After reaching the first buoy, I would look at the second one, but would easily become intimidated. For some reason, it is a bit intimidating to me to be out 'that' far. The third bouy was not even a possibility...I saw other people swim there and was impressed...but not something I wanted to do. So I suppose, this trip has been about doing what I thought I could not, conquering fears, setting high goals, adjusting goals, learning to stay calm when it would be easy to panic, facing challenges forthright, and overcoming.

Today, Nanan let me spend most of the afternoon working on my report. I finished a major part of it, only to find out I included too much detail....not typically a problem. However, he said they prefer a more general, narrative report and so I will redo that today. In the evening, we had Men's National team practice from 5-7:30p and used this time to prepare for the practice match on Wednesday. I am very excited for this match and am anxious to see how we perform. Last night in practice with worked on serve receive options, calling out the hitters when we are serving, play calling in serve receive, and transition offense and defense. We have spent considerable time on that and I am hopeful it pays off. We are trying to focus on defense with this team and learning how to better the ball and play a very disciplined, intelligent game.

Respect and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment