Grand Etan Rain Forest

Grand Etan Rain Forest

Men's National Team

Men's National Team
Men's 2010 National Volleyball Team

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May 4, 2010 Women's National Team


This is a picture of the 2010 Grenadian Women's National Team. This is not the complete roster as there are some in this picture that will not be on the team, they are here simply training with the team, and there are some not included in this picture.

Much better practice today!!! I came in knowing what to expect and completely prepared. My practice outline was fast paced and aggressive. We started practice off by stating our expectations (which were very high). I said I planned to run this the way we run practices in the US. That means we need hustle, talk, there will be running (consequences). I will expect "perfect" execution (knowing we can never be perfect, but we can strive). I expected complete concentration and focus, and demanded proper execution of all skills. The drills were fast paced and we continued to stress basic ball control.

We again did the 3 person switch ball control drill with a goal of 20. Last week our high was 14. We started off slow and could not get past 8. I gave the team 10 minutes to win this drill or we would run suicides. They struggled. Finally I began pulling people out of the drill again. On their second try after that, we made 20!! The team was very excited.

It was a very good practice and I truly feel I can make this team much better in just 6 weeks. This team will win the OES tournament in June!

I also continue my efforts to secure transportation for the athletes after practice. This is a big issue. I'm also working to obtain sponsors to provide practice gear and uniforms for the athletes. It amazes me that these athletes must fund raise for nearly everything to play...and yet they represent all of Grenada in International competition. What comes first...Winning, or Support? I don't know.

Tomorrow night is Men's National Team practice. I must be ready to push them also.

Respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment