Grand Etan Rain Forest

Grand Etan Rain Forest

Men's National Team

Men's National Team
Men's 2010 National Volleyball Team

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Friday May 21, 2010

Today, I had a meeting with Permanent Secretary Mrs. Victor-Bruno, Press Secretary and President of the Grenadian Volleyball Association Mr. Richard Simon, Nanan, and myself. The meeting was to discuss financial administration of the donation and government protocol. Mrs. Bruno was pleased to hear of the donation and pledged full support. She expressed satisfaction with the work Nanan and I are doing and feels the trip has been beneficial. She is already talking of a return trip!

After the meeting, Nanan had a Head Coaches meeting and I went and visited the shopping district looking for souvenirs. It was very hot, and the market is a four block area full of one room 'shops.' The thing I liked best was all the fresh vegetables and fruits. There is a lot of homemade goods, both food and merchandise. It was a fun day.

Nanan picked me up after his meeting, and we went to Bathway Beach, where one of his girlfriends lives, and swam in the surf and had mutton broth (soup). It was delicious and the beach was beautiful and very different from Grand Anse. It was rocky with a much rougher surf. The rocks were black and formed a reef-like barrier about 50 yards out. I was able to swim in between the barrier and the beach.

After that, because it was Friday night, of course Nanan and I went Liming.

Saturday, we have junior national team training from 9am-12pm (both boys and girls) and then he has a cricket match at 2pm that I plan to attend. He used to be a tremendous cricket player, and is actually one of the best ever to come from Grenada. Let's see if he still has game!

Today, sometime, I must send an email to the donors and continue to work on getting the equipment. Things need to happen quickly now.

No pictures today. My camera batteries die quickly. I'll hopefully have some new pictures for tomorrow or Monday.

Respect and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment